Helping Central Iowa families have Sweet Beginnings by providing in-home and virtual support for new parents.
I’m Kimberly Isburg, a certified postpartum doula and birth story writer. I provide evidence-based support so new parents can rest, recover, and gain confidence in their parenting abilities during the Fourth Trimester. I help with everyday household tasks so new parents can spend more time enjoying their new baby and their family during the weeks and months after baby arrives.
Benefits of a Postpartum Doula
- Increased bonding
- Increased confidence in parent abilities
- Reduced rates of perinatal mood disorders
Role of the Postpartum Doula
- Support physical and emotional healing by providing time for self-care and rest
- Assist with infant care and feeding
- Assist with household tasks, including laundry, dishes, washing pump parts/bottles, meal prep and light housekeeping
- Provide information on care options and resources
- Educate the family on newborn care and characteristics
- Educate families on how to maximize age-appropriate infant sleep
- Run errands (grocery pick up, post office, etc.)
- Assist with care of siblings and pets
- Help parents gain confidence in parenting
- Assist with babywearing
I would love to meet with you to discuss how I can help you as a postpartum doula. I offer FREE consultations to discuss your family’s needs and help you learn more about postpartum support.
Contact me to schedule your FREE Consultation. I look forward to meeting you!